News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Rough feeling bump on labia{Dr. Pls Respond}

hippiewitch - Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:22 am

Hi,

I have a bump on both of my labia and one of them burns sometimes. The one on my right labia doesn't bother me. There is also some pain sometimes such as on touch. You can barely see it,and it feels rough. I am married,and have only been with my Husband since I met him when I was 19. I'm almost 28 now. So I would think I could rule an std out. The only other person I had sex with in my life was when I was 16. I got tested for std's years ago and they came back negative. Based on the description I have given,do you have any ideas on what it could possibly be? I know of course that it is best to see a doctor,and I will if needed,but I wanted to ask here as well. Thanks in advance.

Michelle
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:00 pm

User avatar Hello,
You could have a bartholin cyst (harmless, fluid filled cyst on the bartholin gland which lubricates the vagina). Or it could be an infected follicle which will likely resolve on its own. It does not sound serious at any rate. Watch it and if it doesn't go away you can see your doctor.

Best wishes.
 hippiewitch - Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:46 am

ok,thank you:)
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:40 pm

User avatar You are welcome

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here