Question: pregnant after tubal?

jennae - Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:04 pm

I am a 28 year old woman with 2 children. I had a section of my tubes removed after the birth of my daughter 4 years ago. I am feeling fatigued, have sore breast, nausea vomiting, constipation, i have been moody, my body has felt like it was on fire to the touch i seem to have to go the the restroom every hour or two, just smelling my husband cooking dinner makes me want to vomit. i have lower back pain and bloating and cramping. i cant stay awake for more than 6 or 8 hours at a time without feeling dizzy and like i am about to pass out. I know alot of these are symptons i felt with both pregnancys and i was wondering if i could be pregnant again or if there could be some other cause. My period was on time at the end of feb. but after it was over, i was done for a day then i started again for 3 more days...
 Alexandra C, RN - Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:54 am

It is possible to become pregnant after tubal ligation, and there is increased risk of ectopic pregnancy following tubal ligation. The symptoms you describe could be related to pregnancy or to a variety of other things, but it sounds like the symptoms are really troubling you. I suggest you seek out a provider to examine you and help pinpoint a cause of your symptoms. Good luck to you.

|