News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: pregnant after tubal?

jennae - Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:04 pm

I am a 28 year old woman with 2 children. I had a section of my tubes removed after the birth of my daughter 4 years ago. I am feeling fatigued, have sore breast, nausea vomiting, constipation, i have been moody, my body has felt like it was on fire to the touch i seem to have to go the the restroom every hour or two, just smelling my husband cooking dinner makes me want to vomit. i have lower back pain and bloating and cramping. i cant stay awake for more than 6 or 8 hours at a time without feeling dizzy and like i am about to pass out. I know alot of these are symptons i felt with both pregnancys and i was wondering if i could be pregnant again or if there could be some other cause. My period was on time at the end of feb. but after it was over, i was done for a day then i started again for 3 more days...
 Alexandra C, RN - Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:54 am

It is possible to become pregnant after tubal ligation, and there is increased risk of ectopic pregnancy following tubal ligation. The symptoms you describe could be related to pregnancy or to a variety of other things, but it sounds like the symptoms are really troubling you. I suggest you seek out a provider to examine you and help pinpoint a cause of your symptoms. Good luck to you.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here