Question: bladder cut during Hysterectomy

mariarebecca - Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:43 am

I had a laprascopic hysterectomy and the doctor cut my bladder 3 centemeters. He repaired it wrong and I now need another surgery. Should he not have gotten help to fix such a big cut? and is the size of the cut normal?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:07 am

This is one of the more common adverse events that happen during this procedure. It does not sound extreme and needing a second repair sometimes is necessary. It would be impossible to second guess your doctor's action but it sounds reasonable that he/she gave it a good shot at trying to repair it at the time and I think any surgeon would have done the same. Unfortunately this is one of he risks of surgery and I wish you the best in your complete repair and recovery.

|