Question: Vibrators in pregnancy

DanaS - Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:46 am

I am 5 months pregnant and have been worried about whether or not is safe to use an outside vibrator, with no penetration. Will the vibrations hurt the baby? I also heard that the magnetic waves from electric vibrators are not safe. Do you know the answer to this? The most I've heard is that they are safe, but that was not coming from a doctor. I would be relieved to know what a doctor thinks on this subject. Thanks.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:28 am

There are many unknowns about exposures in pregnancy, but there has not been any evidence so far that this is dangerous to the baby. Usually exposures are monitored to see if there is any increased risk for birth defects, beyond the usual amount, inherent in all pregnancies. So, while nobody can make any guarantees, it does not appear to be risky.

Best wishes to you and your baby.

|