Question: ovarian and filopian tube pain please help me

erluke07 - Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:50 pm

hi my name is kayla i hope you can help me i had a baby seven months ago and had unexpected complications placenta accretta, infection, miconium, and her ambilical cord was grown into a membrane, unfortunaltly my baby had five heart problems unexpected as well, well thats just the start, after i was discharged from the hospital i was bleeding a lot and had severe pain went to the er and was told i had placenta left inside so i had an emergency dnc my doctor said he did not know what he removed but appeared to be scar tissue. and if i did not stop bleeding i would need a hystderectomy let me remind you i was only 17 at the time so ofcourse i was treated like a child and was never fully informed of my complications, okay well i stoped bleeding immediatly lets jump ahead 7 months no period,,...at all. went to the er last night ive been exp. severe stomach pain for a whiule and back pain . and pain during intercourse so they did a vaginal sonogram and for some reason my ovaries and tubes gave me extreme pain when the sonographer touched them extreme pain..as you can see something is wrong. so im crying because of the pain the doctor comes in an says well your sonogram was fine. i dissagreed in pain. he throws his hands up and says'' i do not have all the answers"" slams the door in my face i know im young i just want to know whats wrong with me could it be ovarian cancer do these doctors just not want to tell me. do you have a clue to my problems please help asap sincerely kayla n/....jacksonville fla
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:04 pm

I'm sorry you have had such a hard time, especially at such a young age. I guess you have seen that doctor's are humans too with frustrations and sometimes less than desirable behavior.

I wonder if you might have endometriosis, but this can be difficult to diagnose. There are many conditions that can cause abdominal pain but ovarian cancer is not typically one of them. It is called the silent killer because it does not have usually have symptoms such as pain, bleeding, etc. Also you are not in an age range that would sound alarms for this problem.

It might be good to see another doctor and talk with him/her first to see if he/she is someone you feel you would be comfortable talking to. You can schedule a "meet and greet" appointment for this purpose - finding a doctor you click with. Bring a list of your history and symptoms to make it easier to get your story.

|