Question: Unsual cervix

chrsjs0323 - Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:21 pm

I recently had a abnormal pap and my doctor had to to a coldopscopy. i think thats how you spell it. anyways she had a real hard time because she kept saying that she never seen a cervix so far down.. is this normal? Could this be a reason why i haven,t been able to get pregant.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:21 pm

Every woman is unique and positions vary. In most, the position changes with the cycle, ovulation, menstruation, pregnancy, so I expect it was mostly related to where you were in your cycle at that time. It tends to move up and become soft when you are fertile, then it is low and harder during menstruation. This would not explain reasons you are not getting pregnant unless you were monitoring this position all month and found it remained low and closed throughout the cycle.

If you are trying to get pregnant, have regular monthly periods and frequent sexual intercourse it is likely you will achieve it within a year. After that time you may wish to consult with a specialist about your inability to conceive because there are measures to help.

|