Question: hormones still present 3 wks after miscarriage?

Missyanne280 - Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:32 pm

I was 13 weeks pregnant by the Dr.'s calculations, when he sent me for the ultasound to conferm the age the fetus was only 8mm which is approx. 3 & 2/2 weeks. They found just the sac. So, my Dr. sent me for blood work that day then again on Friday, 2 days later, so he can compare my hormone level (HCG)to see if it had increased. I have been "spotting" for a few days but I thought it was just from intercourse, it was very light. 2 days later, Sunday teh 9th of March, I went to use the bathroom and I was bleeding very heavily which also had traces of clots very small(little bigger than a pen tip). I went to the ER and indeed I was having a miscarriage, I passed the fetus in the examining room when I had sneezed.. hardest thing I had ever had to experiance!! My hormaone Level never change from Wednesday to Friday. Er said that it should have atleast doubled if not tripled with in the 2 days. It stayed at 1100. :(
Now, here it is about 3 weeks later and I think I may be pregnant (having same sign(s) as first 2 daughters).. My question is if I take a home pregnancy test will it give me the correct results being so soon? Or would I still have some hormones left from the miscarriage, Does anyone know????
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:40 pm

User avatar You should have an accurate pregnancy test at this point.

|