Question: Pain on Right side of ovary

kitty0611 - Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:07 pm

I am a 24 yr old female, ttc. I was taking clomid for 2 months and had progestrone level check to see if I was and it was 14.8 in february. Just had period March 29th to April 3rd. Now I am having a sharp pain (while standing or sitting) near my right ovary. I had this pain last month and let my doc know, which he did a pelvic exam and felt nothing. what is going on??? could I be ovulating sooner than the 14 days after period?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:20 am

There are many reasons you can experience abdominal pain and even though it is in the area of the ovary, that is not the only potential site. You also have bowels, ureters and other organs. It is good that the doctor saw nothing abnormal.

Also, only a small percentage of women actually ovulate on day 14. That is the average, but there is a range of likely days from day 8 to day 19. Even the other days are potentially fertile days but the chances drop off significantly. It is difficult to predict the exact time of ovulation for each individual woman. You may come to recognize signs of ovulation for you, including an increase of secretions and sometimes pain, but you can't always depend on this either.

Best wishes in your efforts.

|