News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Obstetrics

Question: Irregular spotting 3 months after miscarriage

jos2lan - Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:12 pm

Hi, I was treated for an ectopic pregnancy in Jan 08. The Dr treated me with methyltrexate. It was successful. My periods went right back to normal up until May. Around the time I ovulated, my husband and I had intercourse. I started spotting the next day and then it went away until 2 days later. I called the Dr. and they gave me a blood test to see if I was pregnant due to the ectopic in Jan. It was negative. I thought maybe the intercourse irritated something. The spotting lasted up until my period came which was on time and lasted 5-6 days as normal. Around day 12 of my next cycle in June, I spotted was told by my Dr that I most likely ovulated since it was only once. A 8 or 9 days after ovulation I started spotting again (this month June) but this was just very light tan but no thickness to it but enough for me to wear a panty liner up until this past Sun June 22 when my period came 1 day early which normally happens and it was a good amount of bleeding. Yesterday I barely bled and today I barely bled almost like its done already. I moderately bleed for about 3 days and lightly for the last 2 or 3days. I'm confused to why this is happening. I've never had irregular periods and I'm wondering if i'm releasing any eggs since I am trying to conceive or if you have any answers to what's going on. I did take a pregnancy test today June 24 and it was neg. Could this be implantation bleeding? Thank you
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:35 pm

User avatar Hello,
It sounds like you are experiencing some hormonal fluctuation. I would not be too alarmed by this. With a negative pregnancy test it is unlikely you are experiencing implantation bleeding but you can always repeat the test a week or two later in case the hormone levels are not yet up to the level that would show up on the test.

Some spotting between periods is normal in almost all women and especially following hormonal changes such as you have had. It is impossible to say if you are ovulating without monitoring your basal temperatures. However, you may notice secretions that become heavier around the time of ovulation. This can be a clue.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here