News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: How soon are preg. symptons noticeable?

j30345 - Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:16 pm

I had sex with a partner on the 8th of this month which was 16 days ago to be exact. A week later she had her period and than a week after that she told me that her nipples were hurting alot. Not her breast but just her nipples and more on the right one than the left nipple. Besides that she seems to be doing fine with no sickness or anything... I know that the soreness is a sign of pregnancy from the hcg being released, but wouldn't that be a little too soon for it to tell? Also will having her period 1 or 2 weeks after intercourse be a sign of no pregnancy or do i have to wait for her next cycle to tell? One more thing about 2 days ago she started to become extremely horny... i am so clueless right now and need some answers asap... thanks in advance!
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:22 pm

User avatar Hello,
A period following the sexual encounter is usually a pretty good indication of no pregnancy. There are other reasons a person can have sore nipples. Some women have a period after becoming pregnant and typically this is a little different than a normal period - lighter, shorter, etc. but in most cases the period itself rules out pregnancy that month. A couple of days after the missed period or about two weeks after the encounter in question should be a pretty good time to take a pregnancy test. First Response is one of the most reliable early tests. If the first is negative and symptoms continue, repeat in a week.

Meanwhile I would recommend you consider a good form of contraception you can both be comfortable with until you are in a committed and stable relationship/marriage.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here