Question: Possible Pregnancy or other problems?

gsjoyce - Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:26 am

for a few months early this year I was on an injection to shut my reproductive system down to see if the temporary stopping of hormones would help with my endometreosis. The last one was 6 months ago and my periods are returning to normal with very few symptoms of the endometreosis returning.

However, about the time my last period was due I had a brown discharge followed by a few days of extremely light bleeding. My period is now overdue by a couple of weeks, I have been feeling sick and weak and yesterday and today I have had some light bleeding. I took a few pregnancy tests which were negative (although one did look like it had a very faint line on it).

Have I just tested too early or is it just my periods still getting back to normal? There is a chance of pregnancy as my husband and I have not used protection recently. As he has been unfaithful in the past is there also a chance of infection?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:46 pm

It is possible you could be pregnant even with a negative test so if your symptoms continue you should repeat the test weekly until your period starts or you are satisfied you are not pregnant. It can also be normal hormonal fluctuation. While infection is always possible, bleeding alone would not make me think that direction. You may want to be tested for sexually transmitted infections for your own peace of mind, however.

|