News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Obstetrics

Question: Possible Pregnancy or other problems?

gsjoyce - Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:26 am

for a few months early this year I was on an injection to shut my reproductive system down to see if the temporary stopping of hormones would help with my endometreosis. The last one was 6 months ago and my periods are returning to normal with very few symptoms of the endometreosis returning.

However, about the time my last period was due I had a brown discharge followed by a few days of extremely light bleeding. My period is now overdue by a couple of weeks, I have been feeling sick and weak and yesterday and today I have had some light bleeding. I took a few pregnancy tests which were negative (although one did look like it had a very faint line on it).

Have I just tested too early or is it just my periods still getting back to normal? There is a chance of pregnancy as my husband and I have not used protection recently. As he has been unfaithful in the past is there also a chance of infection?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:46 pm

User avatar Hello,
It is possible you could be pregnant even with a negative test so if your symptoms continue you should repeat the test weekly until your period starts or you are satisfied you are not pregnant. It can also be normal hormonal fluctuation. While infection is always possible, bleeding alone would not make me think that direction. You may want to be tested for sexually transmitted infections for your own peace of mind, however.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here