News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: missing period

cjs_momma - Sat Oct 30, 2004 9:14 am

This month my period is 11 days late i have taken several pregnancy tests and they all come back negative. I am very regular and have been off the pill for seven months. Could i be pregnant or could there be something else wrong.
 Carolyn Merritt, LPN - Sat Oct 30, 2004 11:57 pm

User avatar Hello:
Since you have taken several pregnancy tests it is unlikely you are pregnant. It is not uncommon to be late or even miss a period occasionally without something being wrong. Many things can contribute to late or missing periods such as excessive exercise, stress and even some herbal supplements. I wouldnt worry unless you are having pain or extreme cramps. If you do experience pain, especially on one side or the other of the abdomen or pelvic area then you need to be seen by the doctor to rule out an ectopic pregnancy which is a pregnancy that starts growing in the fallopian tube rathen than the uterus. However, that is uncommon and just being late for a period is not anything to worry about.
Regards,
Carolyn
 nuttynat88 - Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:45 am

hey
i'm 16 years old and i started my periods about a 2 years ago...but i haven't been on for months now....at least 5 months. i don't know what the problem is and im getting worried but i don't want to go tot he doctors...my mum said i could be infertile now :? please could you help
thanks
 torr8126 - Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:46 am

Hello,
i want to know why, i could go months with out my period and i know that im not pregnant. why? ive gone to (Dr) and they say i ok. i don't belive them.whats wrong?how can i help myself? and i do pland to have kids? can you HELP ME?

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here