Question: missing period

cjs_momma - Sat Oct 30, 2004 9:14 am

This month my period is 11 days late i have taken several pregnancy tests and they all come back negative. I am very regular and have been off the pill for seven months. Could i be pregnant or could there be something else wrong.
 Carolyn Merritt, LPN - Sat Oct 30, 2004 11:57 pm

User avatar Hello:
Since you have taken several pregnancy tests it is unlikely you are pregnant. It is not uncommon to be late or even miss a period occasionally without something being wrong. Many things can contribute to late or missing periods such as excessive exercise, stress and even some herbal supplements. I wouldnt worry unless you are having pain or extreme cramps. If you do experience pain, especially on one side or the other of the abdomen or pelvic area then you need to be seen by the doctor to rule out an ectopic pregnancy which is a pregnancy that starts growing in the fallopian tube rathen than the uterus. However, that is uncommon and just being late for a period is not anything to worry about.
Regards,
Carolyn
 nuttynat88 - Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:45 am

hey
i'm 16 years old and i started my periods about a 2 years ago...but i haven't been on for months now....at least 5 months. i don't know what the problem is and im getting worried but i don't want to go tot he doctors...my mum said i could be infertile now :? please could you help
thanks
 torr8126 - Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:46 am

i want to know why, i could go months with out my period and i know that im not pregnant. why? ive gone to (Dr) and they say i ok. i don't belive them.whats wrong?how can i help myself? and i do pland to have kids? can you HELP ME?

|