Question: Pain on opening of vagina only when pressure is applied

heatherkay85 - Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:59 pm

Two months ago at the end of my period, I began to feel a yeast infection. I treated it with a three day plan, which elimated the itching, but I then started to notice a sharp pain when wiping after going to the bathroom or when pressure was applied. This pain is at the top of the opening of my vagina. Because of a lack of insurance, I thought it best to wait it out. After the end of my next period, I began to feel a yeast infection again on top of the sharp pain, along with an over all feeling of "rug burn". Note: I have not had sex since the first period two months ago due to the pain. I did not use a monistat treatment again for fear that it would burn because of the rugburn feeling. I broke down and went to the the family Dr. I was told I was red and inflammed and was given diflucan (one pill) and mycolog 3x daily for 4 days. This made the burning go away but the sharp pain was still there. I went to a gynocologist one week later. She said that she saw a very small ulcer where I was feeling the pain and took cultures and bloodwork. She said I would get the results in two business days in which it has now been 6. She initially put me on 1gram 2x daily of Valtrex for 4 days and Zithromax cream 6x daily for 7 days to treat for the possibility of herpes. I had taken all of the Valtrex and 4 days worth of Zithromax and was in more pain than ever. She told me to stop the Zithromax and put me on Acyclover 6x daily and Ery-tab 3x daily, both for 7 days. I have now been told I will not get the result for another 5 days and am extremely frusterated. I have done research on herpes and do not have any symptoms except an ulcer. I have the same partner for 3 years, no discharge or back pain, no fever, no pain when urinating, this has been going on for two months, and there is only one ulcer which is barely even visible. Literally all it is is a sharp pain. I have been on the new meds for two days now and still my pain increases. Any thoughts until I recieve my lab results?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:55 pm

I understand your frustration with waiting but sometimes this is the only course. Even then labs don't tell everything. We do what tests are available but some conditions are just more elusive. It sounds like your doctor is taking a very responsible course of action in treating you with antivirals, antifungals and antibiotics to cover all the bases. Hopefully you will have relief soon.

If it is Herpes,this is something that varies greatly with the individual so it is impossible to say when the original exposure might have occurred. You are on the right track now I'm sure.

|