Question: Spotting after sexual intercorse. What could it be?

ash_90 - Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:58 pm

Two nights ago I engaged in sexual intercorse for the first time without using a condom but I am on the pill. I know that it is normal to bleed the first time, however I have since then still been noticing spotting and my period isn't due for a few more weeks. The blood is a bright red unlike my usual menstral color. I have also been experiencing pain in my stomache since the morning after, though I am unsure if that could be related to this or just a coincidence.

I've been told it may be due to an abrasion but I'm also worried it might be something else. Are there any other possibilities that could cause me to be spotting? And if it were an abrasion how long could the spotting last for?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:06 pm

User avatar Hello Ash_90,

I suspect that this is likely due to some abrasions or tearing from trauma during intercourse. If this bleeding does not stop in the next 1-2 days you may want to see your doctor for an evaluation.

|