News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: dark brown blood/not my normal period

chicpea79 - Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:22 am

Hello there,

I've had a baby nearly 10 months ago and I've only had two periods since. Im on my second menstrual cycle now and it's not normal for me. My last period was dark brown with barely any flowing blood and it's the same this period as well. Nothing is flowing like it normally does and it's dark dark brown in color not red. It's also accompanied by a stronger more fowl smell. Is there something wrong with me ? Im not one to visit doctors and especially not gyn, would this be something that I should REALLY get checked to rule out anything that could be wrong???

Thank You so much for your help (much appreciated)
signed
Concerned
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:27 pm

User avatar Hello,
You did not mention if you were breastfeeding. This would make a difference about your periods. It is also possible you might not be ovulating even if you are not nursing your baby. This can all be very normal. A return of menses following childbirth often displays a different pattern. However, a foul odor may suggest infection and it would be good to get that diagnosed and treated so it might be best to see your doctor.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here