Question: Haven't seen my period in 2 months

confused334 - Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:58 pm

I haven't seen my period since the end of July and i took a first responce pregnancy test and it said pregnant but when i went to the doctor they said i wasn't and then in the middle of August i started spotting and it lasted for 4 days and i haven't seen blood since then, but from time to time to do have cramps. What should i do? Whats wrong with me?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:53 pm

If you have continued to be sexually active, repeating a pregnancy test would be a good idea. It is possible you are just having some hormonal fluctuation which can be quite normal. Very regular periods are not all that common unless you are on birth control pills.

Most likely nothing is wrong with you but if you continue to have symptoms that worry you there are some hormones that can help regulate your periods. But, you should be aware that it is not necessary to have periods to be healthy. You may not be ovulating regularly and this is only a concern if you are trying to conceive. It is also a good idea to be checked for infections and especially sexually transmitted diseases.

|