Question: does breast enhancers affect birth control?

jerzishoregrl732 - Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:30 pm

I'm a 21 year old female. Currently on the birth control Nuvaring. I wanted to take breast enhancers. I was specifically looking at Zoft Gum. I was just wondering if that would interfere with my birth control?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:32 pm

There are no breast enhancers that are approved by the FDA and have been tested and found to be effective so we do not have information about possible interactions so I'm afraid I can't answer this question. I would in fact discourage the use of such products which are mostly a waste of money if not outright dangerous.

Surgical enhancement is really the only way to achieve larger breasts. It is genetic makeup and fat content that determines breast size.

Many women who feel it is important to have the surgery later regret that it interferes with their desire to breastfeed future babies and this also puts the babies at risk since breast milk is the best for baby. It also has protective factors for mothers and lactating women naturally have fuller breasts. So, even though temporary, it is a much safer way to achieve this.

It is most important for you to feel good about your body as it is. The size of your breasts does not determine your worth or beauty and if it is important to your partner, this tells something about him as well and I would seriously question the relationship.

That is not to say you don't have the right to desire larger breasts; just be realistic here and examine your motives. Don't use popular media to determine what is normal and define beauty for you.

|