Question: Period pain spreading to leg (and no period)?!

hbg-131 - Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:16 am

I have just this week been getting very bad pain in my abdomen that feels like very bad period or wind pain. It lasts for between half an hour and 2 hours and then moves down my left leg which aches for up to 3 hours.
The first day I felt this pain I thought I had gotten my period (which wasn't due for two weeks) but I only bled for a short time (couple of hours) and now haven't had any bleeding for a couple of days.
What could be the problem?
I don't normally get period pain and don't think I even have my period. I have no known medical problems.
Thanks in advance.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:27 pm

I wonder if this is gastrointestinal in nature. Gas can cause cramping and discomfort. Try taking simethicone, walk regularly and be sure to drink plenty of water.

It is also possible it is related to your cycle as engorged veins can feel very heavy and is noticed even in the legs at times. It can also be associated with other problems such as endometriosis, cysts, fibroids, etc. While some women do experience mid-cycle pain around the time of ovulation it's best to have it checked by your gynecologist. So, especially if you are due for an annual exam, schedule an appointment. It is probably not an emergency but you should still be seen.

|