Question: Severe uterine cramping with RHT

budda_char - Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:11 pm

Hi, I am a 31 year old with PCOS and endometriosis. My doctors have been trying for a year now to find a hormone based therapy to help me with my endometriosis and periods. I have struggled with birth control pills, in that when ever I take them (regardless of the estrogen level or the kind of estrogen) I have severe uterine cramping that is NOT menstural cramping. Its similiar to what I imagine as a contraction. I can feel it coming, it peaks and then subsides. I have about 2-3 of these "contractions" an hour. So we switched to progesterone (aygestin) about a month ago, thinking the cramping was due to the estrogen. But I continue to have this cramping. Once I stop, I stop having the uterine cramping but the endometriosis pain returns. My doctors are stumped on what this uterine cramping is. Does anyone have any idea or suggestions for what I can do or what this might be from?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:20 pm

I'm sorry you are struggling with both these frustrating conditions. Hormones are something that can affect people differently and this is why it takes some experimentation in hopes of finding the right combination for your unique body. All I can guess is that hormones just cause this response and so won't be the answer for you.

If it were me I might resort to alternative therapies such as massage, reflexology and acupressure. Some people find fresh pineapple helps relieve muscle pain and other nutritional measures include a healthy balanced diet that is high in zinc, calcium and B vitamins, especially vitamin B6 (not overdosing however). You could see an herbalist for other ideas. I believe that western medicine can be supplemented by some of the traditional techniques and eastern practices.

Given the fact your doctor is stumped I don't see how you can go wrong.

|