Question: what are the chances to be pregnant after tube tide

elsairis - Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:19 pm

Hi, im 31 years old woman and i had two children, i got my tube tied back in 2001
and now i have notgot my period for 3 weeks....i whant to know the chances to be pregnant after my tube tied is that possible???????

thank you !!
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:32 pm

I'd say the chances of pregnancy are quite slim but since I don't know what procedure was used when you had your surgery I can't say for sure. Most of the time the ends are cut and closed off with a piece removed to further assure the ends will not grow back together. If there is failure it is typically in the first year or so following the procedure but there are exceptions of course.

Chances are you are just experiencing some hormonal fluctuation, missed ovulation or other normal activity. If the periods don't resume next month or you have symptoms you could get a pregnancy test and/or see your doctor.

Best wishes

|