Question: numb pinkies-- also pregnant

kimbervillas - Mon Nov 29, 2004 5:38 pm

Yesterday I was sweeping and when I was done I noticed my pinky fingers were throbbing. I looked at them more closely and realized they were swollen and numb. My ring fingers were also slightly swollen and numb. They werent super swollen, but enough that I noticed and that when I bent at the joint they felt stiff.

This lasted about 3 hours. It went away and hasn't been back since.

I am approx. 8 weeks pg and I havent had many symptoms except major dizziness after eating and after showering. I get lightheaded and feel like I am going to vomit, but I have yet to do so. After the numbness went away I had a major episode of dizziness.

Just wondering what it is or if I need to call my OB
Thanks, Kim
 Dr. Russell M - Mon Dec 06, 2004 4:30 pm

User avatar Hi!

When was the last you had your blood pressure measured? Have you noticed edema of your feet? When is your next obgyn appointment?

bill
 kimbervillas - Mon Dec 06, 2004 6:43 pm

I have my first OB apt tomorrow, so hopefully I will have answers tomorrow. I don't have any swelling in any extremities. And I havent had this happen again since. I also havent had my bp measured in awhile.

Thanks for the response