Question: soap used around vagina

bella tiny dancer - Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:46 am

I have had a discharge on and off for 2 yrs and have gone through 3 Drs. over this . Last night I said to my husband I was getting really bad and I realized I had recently shaved the whole area using what I have always used Purpose soap. If this soap is getting into my vagina is this causing a consistent discharge? What should I use to shave inside the lips?? Have I finally figued this out!!!???
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:59 pm

If you must shave the area I would recommend a shaving cream or gel as opposed to soap, but this may not be the cause of the discharge. Since you have seen your doctor about this problem I suspect you do not have a bacterial or yeast infection and it is possible it is just normal discharge for you. It seems unlikely that the soap would cause it as the discharge originates much higher. If there were infectious organisms your doctor would know and treat it. What was his/her recommendation?

|