News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Obstetrics

Question: after effects of a misscarraige

password44 - Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:03 pm

Please help. I was about 8 weeks pregnant and all of a sudden had a very heavy period that lasted a day. I had no clots. Then I spotted for 3-4 days. I assumed I misscarried since it was so heavy the first day.. However.. Over the last weeks my boobs have gotten a cup size larger and are very sore.. I get nauteous every once in awhile. Is this normal after a misscarraige.. The doctors want me to wait a week but could I still be pregnant or are these normal side effects after a misscarraige?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:53 pm

User avatar Hello,
Because of the wide fluctuation of hormones associated with pregnancy (before and after), these symptoms could be present in either case - miscarriage or pregnancy. By waiting a week your doctor will be better able to determine what is going on, if you are still pregnant or if you need attention. Try to be patient unless you have bleeding or signs of infection such as fever and chills.

Good luck.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here