Question: Unicorn Uterus

momoftwins - Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:49 pm

The last time I was in this site was when I miscarried last year and a half.
after trying for a little bit over a year to conceive my GYN doctor refer me to a specialist. That diagnosed me with a unicorn uterus I been searching online and what I see is that is an incomplete uterus. Now I will have a few test done to make sure I can conceive. Now my concern is is this the reason i miscarried? can a person with a unicorn uterus carry to full term? ever? my son was born at 24 weeks 8 years ago and I do not want to put another child thru that.
right now I am going thru my blood work with the doctor and I have a sonogram schedule to see exactly if I have 2 ovaries any advice? do you know what kind of treatment a woman with a unicorn uterus gets? do I need surgery?

Thank you I know I should ask the doctor this questions but I guess I was so nervous I forgot...

Thank you
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:13 pm

Since you have conceived previously there is a good chance you can again though many women do experience infertility. With this condition your risk of fetal loss is fairly high and your pregnancy would be classified as high risk. You should see a specialist who would follow you closely and monitor any signs that your baby was in distress. By knowing what you are dealing with there is a better chance of early detection of concerns. There is a certain degree of risk involved but if you are wanting to bear a child it may be worth the effort and the potential problems.

I am not aware of any procedure to correct the condition.

|