Question: Abnormal Pap Results

buggygirl - Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:48 am

i have been bleeding for the last two months,finnaly went to the drs.
my dr said that i had a abnormal pap, and the lower part of my urtus was abnormal for its size. she recommended for me to have a ultrasound.
she never explained why it was that way to me. can anyone help me understand why this could be happing. every other time its been normal.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:45 pm

Your health care provider should be available to explain the results of your tests and exams. Don't hesitate to call and ask the doctor to call you back if he/she is busy at that time. This is part of health care. Abnormal pap smears are warnings that changes have occurred that could lead to cancer. It's a good, early signal so you can do the follow up testing to see if it is a concern or not before it progresses to something serious. Do call and let your doctor know you don't understand what is happening. The information about your specific case is necessary to know what is going on with you.

|