Question: Missed Pill and Unprotected Sex

kelly410 - Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:10 pm

I don't know what do i think i might be pregnant and i need to understand if i am or not, please help....i have been sexually active for a while now and have been on birth control for months now, but i get irregular periods with it, im on yaz...on saturday i had unprotected sex with my boyfriend and on sunday i forgot to take the pill, monday i remembered i forgot and took two pills...today is wednesday and i have started my period but the thing is, is that i have been spotting since last tuesday...how high are my chances of being pregnant? and how long until i can test whether i am or not?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:12 pm

The chances of pregnancy with just one missed pill are quite slim. Assuming that ovulation occurred at that time (because that is when you had the unprotected sex you are worried about), you would need to wait about 13 days after that to test. Of course, ovulation is unlikely because of birth control use and your period occurring now. I would not worry too much about this unlikely event. If the test is negative at two weeks, repeat at three weeks if you are still concerned.

rosie eht - Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:10 pm

im curently taking seasonique birthcontrol pills and three months ago i started to have unprotected sex with my boyfriend, recently i started to have alot of symptoms of pregnancy including some clear breast lactation, i took a home pregnancy test and it came back negative ?

|