News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Severe Bursts of Pain in Breast

DOB091088 - Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:30 am

I have been getting random, sudden, sharp, stabbing bursts of pain in my breasts. They don't happen very often, but when they do they stop me in my tracks. I can't remember if they are in the same place each time, and usually don't think about them until they come back.
Most articles I have seen regarding breast pain have discussed an ache-y or dull feeling, or suggest that the pain isn't actually in the breast, but the chest. My attacks are as I said before not dull but sharp and not an ache but a stab, and I can definitely feel that it is in my breast.
I also read articles mentioning a connection with ovarian cysts and breast pain, so I do want to include that I have had Ovarian Cysts that have ruptured, and am not sure how many I have had that have not ruptured. I also have a family history of endometriosis and have taken Depo Provera with my last injection approximately 9 months ago.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:31 am

User avatar Hello
Some women do experience cyclic breast pain. While uncomfortable, pain is rarely associated with cancer. Nevertheless it is always wise to have pain symptoms checked out by your health care provider since it is sometimes your body's warning mechanism.

Best wishes

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here