Question: Can you have irregular periods after your tubes are tied?

jschmidt2008 - Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:29 am

I had a C-section and a tubes tied 5 months ago. Around september 25 I got my period. I didn't recieve it again in october and it's suppose to be coming in about a week or so. I took a pregnancy test yesterday and it was negative. Is it normal to have irregular periods or could I be pregnant and the test be too early to tell?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:48 pm

It is normal to skip a period at times, particularly after childbirth. If you are breastfeeding, this can also result in absence of periods - one of the many nice benefits!

Few women have totally reliable and regular periods throughout their lives. It is also possible to be pregnant without the test showing up this soon. I would recommend repeating the test in a week if you are worried. If you have been using birth control, of course this would decrease the likelihood of pregnancy.

|