Question: Fleshy lump at vaginal opening?

danni1979 - Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:04 pm

I have just noticed a fleshy lump at 12 o clock(as if you were facing me) at the entrance of my vagina,it seems to join the upper wall inside my vagina.
Its fleshy and ridge like and fairly firm.
I am not sure if this is a new occurance or just something i havent noticed before and was wondering if this is normal.
It doesnt hurt,itch or anything like that and is pink in colour.
Does anyone know is this normal?
Thank you
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:16 pm

Of course without an exam nobody can say for sure but my guess would be a harmless bartholin cyst. These can be removed if they bother you or can remain if they don't. Sometimes they recur even after they have been drained. It's just a cyst that develops and fills with fluid at the duct leading from the bartholin gland (the gland which lubricates the vagina).

danni1979 - Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:45 am

Thankyou so much for taking the time to reply,it is very much apreciated,i will monitor it for awhile.
xx
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:32 pm

User avatar You are welcome.

|