News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: 18 no sex, vaginal discharge, REALLY bad smell

lisalisa18 - Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:19 pm

ok, i've never had sex, i've never used a tampon, i wash everyday, a change my underwear twice a day, but i still have a really funky smell....i don't know what to do, im 18 and i would like to expierence sex for the first time with my boyfriend but im too embaressed by the smell...can you please help me??
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:35 pm

User avatar Hello,
Is it only odor without discharge? Is it possible you are sensitive to it where others may not notice? We all experience our senses, including smell, differently. It wouldn't hurt to have an exam by a doctor so you could discuss this and he/she could see if it was noticeable or if there was any sign of bacterial or fungal infection which can happen even in the absence of sexual activity, though not of the more serious sexually transmitted infection variety.

This would also be a good time to discuss safe sex practices and birth control so you will be prepared when the time is right. When abstinence until marriage is practiced it is recommended that women have a "premarital" exam for these purposes. The need has not changed. There are very serious health risks associated with our very permissive society now. You should take this seriously so you don't jeopardize your future relationships, health, childbearing options and happiness by taking unnecessary risks now.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here