Question: 21 weeks pregnant and have protein in urine

MommyIvy - Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:12 pm

Went to my PCP today and they found Kktones, bilirubin, and protein in my urine. Also said I was dehydrated. Told me to drink more water. I drink water all day and I just seem to pee it all out and I am always still thirsty. My blood pressure was fine and they also tested my glucose and it was good. Any suggestions?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:12 pm

At this point the results are not significant but could be a warning of things to come. I'm sure your doctor will want to continue to monitor you for other symptoms of gestational diabetes as you progress in your pregnancy. This could be a risk factor for you but it typically shows up in the last trimester. Your blood pressure will be monitored throughout your care. It is important to stay well-hydrated as dehydration will also affect your urine testing, suggesting problems that may not be there in actuality. Urine should be colorless or very pale yellow. Anything darker indicates inadequate fluid intake. There is no exact amount of water you should take in but monitoring urine color helps you to regulate it for yourself as an individual.

|