Question: Pregnant/Implantation Bleeding

coach4mom - Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:55 pm

My cycle has changed over the years, but is now 21-22 days in length. I thought my period was starting on Nov. 11, 2008. It was just very light spotting. I only noticed it when I would use the restroom. I had no spotting the next day. My boyfriend and I had sex that night and I had more spotting the next day and nothing since. I took a pregnancy test yesterday and it was negative. I think my last period was Oct. 21, but not sure. It could have been the 28th. I have been very nauseous and tired. Could this have been implantation bleeding? I have never had it before. I have been pregnant 5 times with 4 healthy deliveries. With my second child I did not get a positive pregnancy test until I was 4 weeks late. Could I be pregnant? When should I test again?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:27 am

It is impossible to say if you might be pregnant but if you are this would be quite early for a test. Usually these are accurate a day or so after you miss a period. If you were already two weeks pregnant when you had the light period and that was indeed implantation bleeding, chances are that the pregnancy test would have been positive, but since your experience has been for it to not show up until later, this may affect the results now too. Given that, I would not be in a big hurry to repeat the test. Wait it out and see what happens. There are plenty of reasons you may feel ill that have nothing to do with pregnancy so that alone is not very telling.

|