News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: rebuilding of hymen after 4 years-is it possible?

jene - Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:33 am

i was sexually active with my boyfriend from last 4 yrs and i had got pregnancy twice but we aborted through pills now we broke up so can u please tell me is it possible to rebuild the hymen? can i become like virgin? how long the procedure takes? wt are the after effects? how long the validity for this procedure?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:47 pm

User avatar Hello,
No, you cannot rebuild the hymen. But, this is not an indicator of virginity anyway because many women have their hymens broken prior to intercourse. Even using tampons can do this or it can be spontaneous with exercise and sports activities.

Best wishes.
 jene - Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:08 am

Hello
Can u please guide me wt are tempons and how we can use them i really don't know.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:37 pm

User avatar Hello,
Tampons are used in place of a sanitary pad for the flow of menstruation. They are tube-shaped, and made of disposable, absorbent material that is compacted and "grows" somewhat as it absorbs the fluid. These are inserted into the vagina with either an applicator that comes built into the product or with a finger. After a few hours the tampon is removed by pulling on an attached string that hangs outside the body. It can then be replaced with a new tampon or pad as needed. It can be associated with infection if care is not taken in regard to cleanliness and regular changing of the tampon.

Because of the nature of this product, its use can break the hymen. But, as I said before, even active physical activity and sports can cause the same trauma, resulting in the broken hymen so many virgins have perforated hymens. This is actually a benefit to not have to be concerned about this happening through sexual intercourse which some women find traumatic and in some cases a doctor must intervene to make sex possible. This can be embarrassing and inconvenient to some women.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here