News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Obstetrics

Question: Implantation 4 days past ovulation?

Vanna0407 - Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:25 pm

There is a lot of different info on the subject of the timing of implantation. Most things I read say 7-12 days. I'm wondering if it is possible to have implantation earlier than that. Say 3-4dpo. What makes the timing so different for each woman?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:03 pm

User avatar Hello,
Four days would be very early and I doubt that is what is happening. The main reason for the difference is because we don't know exactly when ovulation occurred typically. It is a common misconception that every woman ovulates at day 14 of her cycle. There is wide variation here and there is slight variation at the cellular level as well. In some cases the fertilized ovum does not implant at all and an early miscarriage happens. It's just normal variation of the miracle of conception, development, and childbearing.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here