Question: On birth control pill, period starting later every month

mattswife1985 - Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:19 pm

I take Mircette birth control and have since october 2006. I always take my pills as prescribed. The last week of the pills of each month consists of two green pills and five blue pills which all contain a very small amount of hormone. The blue pills indicate when I should have a period. When I first started the pills, my period would come as indicated. As time has gone by, my period has started later and later. I just started over a new pack 2 days ago, and on the day that I started the new pack of white pills,i hadnt had a period for the month, and on that day, I only spotted some. Are my periods going to stop? Is this normal? What should I do?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:41 pm

I know it is always a worry when periods change but hormones in birth control pills can definitely change the pattern and it is normal. Usually women get shorter, lighter periods and even having it delayed is nothing to worry about. The reassurance of a period is that you are not pregnant but if you take them faithfully that is not very likely anyway. But, it is not necessary to have a "normal" period while on the pill in order to be healthy and fine.

|