News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Obstetrics

Question: Nystatin cream for itching during pregnacy

arimommy - Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:25 pm

I was using nystatin cream vaginally for itching. Every time my husband and I have sex, his penis would get itchy and irritated. Would this be from the cream?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:17 pm

User avatar Hello,
It is always possible that a sensitivity can be there, though this would not be a common thing. If you no longer need the cream and after discontinuing its use he is still having this problem, chances are it is unrelated as an allergic reaction should not persist after the offending agent is removed and should gradually heal. He could also take Benadryl or another antihistamine to see if that helps speed up the resolution of itching. Beyond this, consider any other exposure such as soaps or personal hygiene products, laundry detergent, etc. and encourage him to wash after sex to see if that helps.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here