News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: I have dark/blackish period blood...whats wrong?

ferret_lovr - Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:49 pm

I have been having pretty regular periods starting at about the 5th-10th of every month and going through the 10th-15th. Pretty normal compared to some people I figure. I have been a little sniffly recently with a little cold maybe but not much at all really. What I think is my period started today(VERY off of when it normally starts) and it is pretty light when mine are normally pretty heavy to start off with and very dark red almost black. I had unportected sex immediately after my last period(so I assume that pregnancy is not likely). I have had no children and no relevant medical history and I am not on Birth Control of any kind. I'm not sure whats going on. Any possible answers would be great! Thanks.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:55 pm

User avatar Hello,
Chances are you are just having some breakthrough bleeding of old blood, which is dark or black in color. This is nothing to worry about and will likely stop soon. If not, see your doctor.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here