News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Period lasting 3 weeks Clots, no pain, bright red blood

Becky27 - Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:47 am

Hi,

I've been having a continuess period for nearly 3 weeks, i've passed clots experienced flooding, and varying amounts of loss. No cramps or pain. I was taking Cerazette earlier in the year and have had irregular periods since. I went to the doctors last month when i was having a very heavy period but was just told it will settle down? should i go back? I'm 27 and have one son, i have had a misscarriage before about two years ago. Me and my partner are currently trying for a baby.

Help!
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:49 pm

User avatar Hello,
At this point, I would not consider it to be an emergency and it likely will settle down but if it continues you should return to the doctor. Most likely it is a hormonal thing and could be treated. If you are trying to conceive, it would be a good idea to have a preconception visit to check out all systems. Then if something is not right, treatment can be completed prior to pregnancy when you won't need to worry about possible effects on the developing baby.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here