Question: Period lasting 3 weeks Clots, no pain, bright red blood

Becky27 - Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:47 am

I've been having a continuess period for nearly 3 weeks, i've passed clots experienced flooding, and varying amounts of loss. No cramps or pain. I was taking Cerazette earlier in the year and have had irregular periods since. I went to the doctors last month when i was having a very heavy period but was just told it will settle down? should i go back? I'm 27 and have one son, i have had a misscarriage before about two years ago. Me and my partner are currently trying for a baby.

Help!
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:49 pm

At this point, I would not consider it to be an emergency and it likely will settle down but if it continues you should return to the doctor. Most likely it is a hormonal thing and could be treated. If you are trying to conceive, it would be a good idea to have a preconception visit to check out all systems. Then if something is not right, treatment can be completed prior to pregnancy when you won't need to worry about possible effects on the developing baby.

|