News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Obstetrics

Question: Painful bowel movements, swollen vagina

MommyMe08 - Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:23 pm

I had my baby almost 4 months ago and have a perfect delivery. They said I only had a little tear. Everything seemed pretty normal a couple weeks later. Then I got a cold and had a real bad cough. Ever since then I have noticed that my vagina feels like it is swollen inside and I have very painful bowel movements and some bleeding just about every time I go. This has been going on for about 3 months or so now. I am not sure if this is just part of delivery and if I am still just healing, if it is related to the cough I had, or if there is something wrong.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:10 pm

User avatar Hello,
I would not expect any complications from your delivery at this point. If you are constipated there are measures you can take that should help. Take a fiber supplement daily (like Metamucil) and improve your diets with the addition of fruits, vegetables, whole grains and more water. Exercise daily.

If there is vaginal swelling, you will need to have your doctor examine you. Again, I don't believe this is related to a delivery four months ago. Perhaps you are having a hypersensitive reaction. Try to avoid offenders such as perfumed products (including tampons and pads, underwear, toilet tissue), too-tight pants, etc.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here