Question: Two sexual partners within a month now pregnant

rather_be_unknown - Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:13 am

i have been wondering; i had sex with two guys within a months time and gotten pregnant and now i am not sure who is the father. My period usually falls at the end of the month and at the present time i had sex with guy 1 on the 28th of may i had my period on the 20th of may and guy 2 i had sex with him beginning on the 17th threw the 28 of june a week later i took a pregnancy test and the line was pink but it was barely pink... from that information which would you say could be the father of my child guy 1 or guy 2
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:02 pm

This can be very tricky and there's no way to be sure at this point. The only definitive way would be to have paternity testing done after the baby's birth. Meanwhile, here are some thoughts.

Your ultrasound dating is not perfect but will help verify weeks of pregnancy. If it puts your conception date late May to early June, that would point to guy 1. If the date comes back closer to late June, obviously that would be guy 2.

You don't mention if your cycles are regular or how many days are typical but you most likely could have conceived at the end of May. If you had a regular, 28 day cycle (or thereabout) you would have been in what might be considered a "safe" period for guy 2 (although if you were already pregnant, that would be immaterial). If you have a longer cycle, there is a greater chance for guy 2 to be the father.

Based on this limited information, my guess would be guy 1 and if your ultrasound verifies an estimated due date of late February, that would further strengthen this guess. If your ultrasound dating indicates more than a month later than this (Early April) you can be more confident it was guy 2, especially if you have longer cycles.

Honesty is important in a relationship and it takes commitment to be a dad, way beyond fertilization of an egg. So, whatever the outcome, I hope you will have the kind of support (emotional and financial) that you need.

Good luck on this.
 rather_be_unknown - Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:14 pm

i am sorry i didn't even think about giving you the low down on my period. It is not regular april it came on 27, may it came on the 20; well, i can tell you what it was in january but i don't have february or march period dates. January it came on the 15th i think it didn't even come on in february, but i know it came on in march but just not sure of the date. I think it came on at the beginning and the end. My period usually last anywhere from 3 to 5 days but i do still have a little brownish discharge after those days but i do not consider that as part of my period and that last 1 to 2 days. I have had my period twice in one month.

My baby is here i had her early she was born on January 24, 2008; my doctor did give me an expected delivery date of february 25 on the first trip going by my period from the 20th of may; then he gave me another due date but i don't remember what that particular date was but it was not far from the 1st date. She looks like guy 2 to me and they both have the sickle cell trait. i can't get information from guy 1 to see if he have that trait or not but how likely is that both of them have that particular trait.

|