News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: vulvadynia?? painfull, uncomfortable, occured overnight

sazzyfizz - Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:36 am

vulvodynia.....?? ive read up on some of the questions already asked and the closest thing iv found is vulvodynia... i don't no much about this and im not even sure if thats wat i have some of the women that commented on this have been experiencing pain and symptoms 4 a long enough period of time but mine has only been recently.... a few days ( 26 dec) . its seems 2 have started after i has sex that night. i have a clear discharge to, more than usual it hasn't really got a bad odour. there is a certain part that hurts more than the rest in my inner vulva. its extremly painfull at times especially after urinating. I i atempted 2 see if there was anythin up there and it felt different like my vagina was a differnent shape than usual, there was a bigger lump. its all happened really quikly (overnight). i also have had a slight spotting but think that was probably from shaving??? im worried and don't no how serious this is.... is there any cream or over the counter medicine i could try?? im really don't want to do the doctors i no i should but im scared :( please help.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:53 pm

User avatar Hello Sazzyfizz,

Vulvodynia is a term that inidicates pain of the vulva (dynia indicates pain). So, technically speaking, what you are describing does fit into the term vulvodynia. However, this is not a diagnosis in itself, only a symptom. Given the rapid onset and the occurrence after intercourse, I am concerned that you may have a sexually transmitted disease (STD).

I would strongly recommend you see your doctor or visit a clinic to be tested. If you prefer, there are often anonymous health clinics for STD testing. Your local health department can help locate these for you. I would also suggest not using home treatments at this point since for many STD's, home treatments are not effective and could potentially make the diagnosis harder to determine.

Best wishes.

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here