News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Vaginal Swelling

babyeagle22345 - Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:38 pm

Well, my boyfriend fingered me about seven days ago, and afterwards I couldn't walk because my left vaginal lip hurt so bad. It was REALLY swollen and it hurt more near the bottom near my vaginal opening. The pain and swelling decreased daily and was finally gone after six days. Yesterday, it didn't hurt at all, and I pulled off what looked like a scab after going to the restroom. What's going on? What happened? How do I prevent it from happening again?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:03 am

User avatar Hello,
I wonder if your boyfriend had a ragged fingernail or rough skin that caused irritation in this sensitive area. It will likely continue to heal without problems and it might help to give it a rest for a bit. In the future, be sure he has trimmed, neat fingernails and use some lubrication.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here