Question: Vaginal Odor

Doloresgh - Thu Dec 16, 2004 3:37 pm

When I go and use the restroom I realize that my underwear is wet and it has an odor what does this mean?
 Carolyn Merritt, LPN - Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:56 am

User avatar Hello:
Women normally have a slight discharge from the glands of the vagina that lubricate it. While each women is different it is not unusual for there to be enough discharge to cause ones panties to be slightly wet. That is why many women wear panti-liners. However, there should be only a very slight odor to the discharge. If the discharge is thick, white and has a bad odor, it is possible that you have an infection and should see your doctor for treatment.
Kind Regards,
Carolyn

|