Question: pcos, period, then no period, and now a pink dishcarge

lpd385 - Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:50 pm

Hello! I'm 22 years old and have recently, well Aug 08, have been diagnosed with PCOS. My fiance and I have opted to not take the pill or any other medications to either help regulate, prevent, or even aid in pregnancy. We are wanting to be au natrual. Sorry for the humor, but I've become discouraged with being told about either not being able to conceive or having a hard time. Anyways, as you know, with PCOS periods are very irregular. There are some times that I can go up to 4 months with out one. However in October I had a regular period, then again in November. My regular periods consist of normally heavy, bright red bleeding, some clots visible, major cramping, and last for the max of 5 days. My period was November 14 and lasted 5 days. Nothing abnormal. The following days, my fiance and I had sex with out any form of contraceptive and continued this practice basically for about a week or longer. My period then became a no show in December. I had slight cramping and bloating, but nothing major. However, I did notice a persistent headache that would not go away. The only way to ease it would be to eat atleast every 3 hours and it would subside. Here lately I feel as if I'm moodier than normal, and can eat all of the time. Just yesterday, Jan 1, I noticed some light pink dishcarge. It only occured when I wiped. Not enough for a tampon. No cramping, no nothing to signify that it was supposed to be my period. I have noticed moments where I feel light headed and extremely fatigued. Idon't seem to be able to get enough sleep. Thats all I want to do is either sleep or eat. My life isn't stressful by no means so I'm ruling out depression. Now for the kicker. I'm so sorry to ramble, but I have taken 2 HPT since the middle wk of dec and both of which results were negative. I miscarried in 2007 and never new I was pregnant. I am needing to be steered in some type of direction. Its killing me to think that I may be pregnant, but am constantly being told with my condition that it may not be possible, and then the big NOT PREGNANT or NEGATIVE shouting at me from the little white stick makes me feel like I'm being mocked. Please help. Thank you so much for taking the time to read this!!!
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:12 am

You are likely having symptoms related to the hormonal fluctuation that may occur with PCOS. As long as the pregnancy tests show negative, you can be pretty confident it is just normal fluctuation. But, don't be deceived into thinking pregnancy is not possible. Plenty of women with PCOS become pregnant, so if this is not desired, birth control would be recommended.

|