"The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Question: Fallopian Tubes (Twisted and Tied)

confuseduk - Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:03 pm

Hi. I have a question and its a bit difficult.

Is it possible to have two twisted fallopian tubes? Not blocked, just twisted.
If so is it possible to have one that is more twisted than the other?
Can the tubes continue to twist?
If the tubes are twisted would it be normal to have the more damaged one tied but not the other?
If the other tube starts to twist more later on would it then be correct to also tie that one?
If this was all accurate, how would this effect fertility in a normal healthy girl aged mid twenties?

I really would appreciate any advice and information that anyone could provide.
Thanks xxx
 S.WILLIAMS,RN - Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:49 pm

Yes, your question is confusing/ however I'll try to give you the only information I have. Fallopian tubes can twist. When you say " have it tied."...that doesn't make sense. If a tube is severly damaged the doctor would remove it , not tie it. If there is no fallopian tube then the egg would have a very difficult time getting to the uterus to implant. So if you have no fallopian tubes then pregnancy won't occur.