News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Fallopian Tubes (Twisted and Tied)

confuseduk - Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:03 pm

Hi. I have a question and its a bit difficult.

Is it possible to have two twisted fallopian tubes? Not blocked, just twisted.
If so is it possible to have one that is more twisted than the other?
Can the tubes continue to twist?
If the tubes are twisted would it be normal to have the more damaged one tied but not the other?
If the other tube starts to twist more later on would it then be correct to also tie that one?
If this was all accurate, how would this effect fertility in a normal healthy girl aged mid twenties?

I really would appreciate any advice and information that anyone could provide.
Thanks xxx
 S.WILLIAMS,RN - Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:49 pm

Yes, your question is confusing/ however I'll try to give you the only information I have. Fallopian tubes can twist. When you say " have it tied."...that doesn't make sense. If a tube is severly damaged the doctor would remove it , not tie it. If there is no fallopian tube then the egg would have a very difficult time getting to the uterus to implant. So if you have no fallopian tubes then pregnancy won't occur.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here