News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Tri-Sprintec, missed pills, unprotected sex.

undefinedshape - Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:16 pm

I have been on Tri-Sprintec since October, this is the third month I've taken it. When I started it I took it daily at around the same time up until December 8th (a Monday). I had an outpatient surgery which left me a bit drugged for almost a week and I didn't remember to take it until that Thursday. I did doubles till I was caught back up and my period (which came on December 22nd) was only a day off by the placebo week. I had unprotected sex on December 31st. Is there any possible chance I could've gotten pregnant?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:47 pm

User avatar Hello,
If you did not restart your pills at the scheduled time in late December, there is a chance pregnancy could occur, resulting from unprotected sex on the 31st. If, however, you are talking about the missed time after your surgery, prior to your period Dec. 21, then that pretty much assured that you were not pregnant from that potential risk. You should have started a new pack of pills after the placebo week to be protected after that time.

I hope this helps.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here