Question: My clitoris gets erections, am I doing something wrong?

henjen - Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:16 pm

I've heard about masterbating and I want to be successful at it. My clitoris feels really good if I touch or massage it but once I start this it gets hard and points up and gets longer. This is weird and scary. I'm 28 and this would happen since I was just a little girl. I do not want my clitoris to get bigger than it should be and I am very ashamed and conscientious about how it looks now. It's is about 4cm long and it shows alot in my panties. I believe that it is abnormal to have a long clitoris and I was told by my parent that it was my fault it got so long. Is it because I am doing something wrong? I always stop right after it gets longer and hard and then it goes soft like it should be.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:44 pm

Clitoral changes such as this often occur with arousal. The fact that it returns to normal after masturbation makes me think these are normal changes. On the other hand, some women do have excess hormones that could also affect this organ so you should have this checked with the doctor if you are worried and it does not seem to return to the normal state.

|