News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: PCOS, no periods but serious stomach and lower pains

Nina08 - Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:08 pm

Hi,
I've had PCOS for about 7 years now so irregular periods are normal! I haven't had a period for 4 months and for the last 2 days I am having serious stomach pains with shooting pains further below. Normally I have a little pain and then the periods start - this is far more painful and still they haven't started!
Any idea what I can do to induce my periods?
I can't work with this pain so have been off sick for the last 2 days but I don't think my work will be understanding to "period pains" any longer!
Thanks
 Debbie Miller, RN - Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:38 pm

User avatar Hello,
You should talk to your gynecologist because sometimes hormones like birth control pills can help regulate periods and decrease pain. Your doctor would need to evaluate this to determine if you are a candidate for this therapy.

Good luck.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here