News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: persistent moderate to severe pain in lower left abdomen?

sabbieelfman - Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:03 pm

i am a 28 year old female in overall good health. i have had a moderate to sometimes severe pain in my lower left abdomen for about 5 days now. it is not like appendicitis pain, where if you press down, it hurts when the pressure releases. the pressure of pushing down sometimes hurts, but sometimes doesnt. it is, though, a moderately consistent pain. there is no chance of pregnancy or stds. im at a loss, and the pain being consistent is worrying me. i have no health insurance, and no money to make an appointment with a medical team. any ideas as to what this is would be wonderful, as i am concerned due to the duration of the pain. thank yoU!
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:19 pm

User avatar Hello,
Because there are so many organs in the pelvic cavity it can be difficult to guess what is causing your pain without an examination and/or lab work. Hernias can present with pain in the lower abdomen, groin area. You also have colon, bladder, gall bladder, urinary tract present in the abdomen. Pain is sometimes referred so it may originate in a different place than where you feel it. If rest, acetaminophen or ibuprofen, and/or heat do not help, you will need to be examined.

Without health insurance, it would we wise for you to establish a health care savings account to cover such eventualities as this. If you had insurance you would be paying premiums, copayments, etc. and these do add up. Consider putting away such funds that you might otherwise be spending with a doctor into this account, ready for health care needs.

Good luck.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here