Question: brownish almost black menstration

bluemommyof2 - Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:34 pm

A little about me , I am a mother of two children. I am on birth control well try to be anyway. I miss a day here and there. But for the most part I am on time taking the pill. I had my period on the 24th of dec. I woke up this morning to find that what I think is my period started again but this time it is very dark brown and when I just changed my tampon it was black. Is there something wrong with me? I am very concerned that there might be something wrong. Not only that I just had my period about two weeks ago and I have no cramping at all right now.[/b]
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:05 pm

Dark colored blood is old blood and usually this just means it was still in the uterus or vaginal vault and not expelled during the last period. Finally your body is getting rid of it but it's nothing to be alarmed about unless you find it gets very heavy and prolonged. Breakthrough bleeding is fairly common on the pill.

|